Winthrop & Weinstine, P.A., has its finger on the pulse of today's constantly changing health care industry, whether it be regulatory or compliance issues, representation before state and federal agencies or the legislature, employment counseling or litigation. We monitor the daily changes in health law regulations and new developments in the industry. We focus on helping our health care clients overcome their challenges and meet their business goals.
We represent a wide range of health care providers, including hospitals and clinics; home health care organizations and systems; physician groups; nursing homes; imaging centers; dentists, specialists and pharmacists; and other health professionals; trade associations; and others. We can help your company be proactive, or if need be, reactive with regard to the issues listed below, and many more.
- Audits and investigations, including licensing board investigations
- Corporate governance, management and ownership issues
- Compliance with the many regulations (state and federal) applicable to health care entities and professionals, including, but not limited to, Stark, HIPAA, antikickback laws and EMTALA
- Environmental health
- Medicare and Medicaid fraud and abuse
- Medical staff bylaws and governance including credentialing and privileging and peer review
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Minnesota Health Records Act
- New and pending legislation (state and federal)
- Reimbursement: Medicare, Medicaid and third-party payors
- Representation of physicians, nurses, dentists, pharmacists and other health professionals before the Board of Medical Practice, Board of Nursing, Board of Dentistry, Board of Pharmacy, etc.
- Risk management issues
Our expertise extends to medical devices, pharmaceutical and life sciences companies on general business and trademark and liability issues. We believe our approach enables us to better meet and anticipate our clients' needs.
When there is so much change in the health care industry, why not trust a firm with experience and dedication?