Winthrop & Weinstine, P.A., provides extraordinary talent and resources to represent tribal governments and other clients that work with and provide goods and services to Native American tribes.
Our lawyers have worked directly with tribal leaders to develop and achieve important tribal objectives. Our finance lawyers have participated in numerous financing transactions involving tribal governments. Our banking lawyers represent the first tribal owned bank in Minnesota. Winthrop & Weinstine has represented several tribes in protecting intellectual property, both of the tribal community and their gaming businesses.
Our services include access to resources within the firm generally, as well as specific experience working with Native American clients. It’s this commitment to community that has helped our clients on a range of issues, including:
- Litigation in federal, tribal, and state courts, including commercial disputes, land and treaty rights, sovereign immunity and tribal enrollment
- Bank chartering, and other banking matters both on and off reservation
- Contract drafting and negotiations
- Commercial finance
- Construction law
- Land and cultural rights
- Tribal jurisdiction and sovereignty
- Energy matters
- Gaming law and related issues
- Employment counseling and litigation
- Real estate
- Business development and diversification
- Intellectual property
- Public finance and bond issues
- Government relations
We take pride in providing the types of necessary legal services that go beyond the ordinary. Our goal is to offer you legal representation that is only matched by our high level of energy and enthusiasm. It’s what Winthrop & Weinstine clients have come to expect.