Sandra J. Martin joined Winthrop & Weinstine, P.A., in 1984 and is a shareholder practicing in the estate planning, probate and trust law areas of the firm. Since graduating from law school in 1980, Sandra has practiced extensively with individuals and families in connection with their personal estate planning and has worked with many owners of closely held businesses and independent community bankers in coordinating their estate and business succession planning. She has also represented fiduciaries, including trust companies. Specific areas of experience include:
- Representing individuals (with estates ranging from small to extremely large, and from simple to very complex) in all aspects of their estate and trust planning.
- Advising business owners in their estate and business succession planning.
- Representing individuals and fiduciaries, including trust companies, in court proceedings and before the IRS on estate tax and gift tax matters.
- Representing individuals and entities in estate and trust administration.
- Representing individuals and entities in connection with charitable giving, charitable split interest trusts, private foundations, and donor advised funds.