Attorneys Martha Engel and Ben Klassen are speakers for the National Business Institute video webcast, “Craft Beer, Distillery and Liquor Law: The Ultimate Guide,” rebroadcast on March 6, 2019.
Brewing and distillery industries are rapidly growing, but the complexity of business transactions and regulations are ever-present obstacles to start-ups and established breweries alike. In this legal program, experienced faculty will teach you how to guide your brewery and/or distillery clients through the industries’ business aspects and navigate the maze of tax compliance, registration and labeling regulations. You will also learn how to effectively protect your client’s intellectual property and receive valuable tips for negotiating an array of brewery and distillery contracts like distribution, licensing agreements and more.
- Advise your client on brewery and distillery start-up decisions like structuring, insurance, financing and more.
- Review the intricacies of the different business models.
- Prevent your client from violating the industry’s regulations and tax requirements.
- Effectively navigate through brewery and distillery labeling and registration requirements.
- Receive beneficial advice for drafting an array of contracts and agreements.
- Discover how to effectively use intellectual property tools to protect your client’s logos, slogans, names, integrity and more.
- Anticipate and learn how to appropriately manage the different ethical situations that can arise.
For a more detailed agenda or to register, click here.
This is a rebroadcast of the original webcast delivered by Martha Engel, Adam P. Gislason, Benjamin J. Klassen, and Jeffrey C. O’Brien on April 27, 2018. Faculty will be available to answer your questions after the program.