As we anticipate a beautiful Fall in Minnesota, you’re invited to join us on Thursday, September 20 for the second session of our Creative Brand Protection series. Winthrop & Weinstine’s Trademark and Brand Protection practice group will host a few hours of trademark and brand protection education, food and drink, and networking!
For the educational portion of the evening, we’ll have a dynamic panel discussion, with valuable insights and guidance for those who love brands and want to learn creative strategies for maximizing their value.
Steve Baird, Chair of Winthrop’s Trademark and Brand Protection practice, will moderate a panel discussion joined by:
- Karen Brennan, Senior Director, Intellectual Property, Best Buy
- Anne Hall, Technology Strategy Manager-Life Sciences, University of Minnesota
- Aaron Keller; Co-Author: The Physics of Brand; Co-Founder Capsule Design
- Tim Sitzmann, Trademark and Brand Protection Attorney, Winthrop & Weinstine
This panel will focus on sharing best practices and creative approaches to both launching new brands and refreshing a mature brand. In particular, the panel will develop a robust discussion using the University of Minnesota’s apple launch and Bust Buy’s brand refresh as case studies to explore the following themes:
- Transforming a commodity into a valuable brand
- Strategies for selecting and owning names and marks
- Carving a path for global trademark and brand protection
- Legal considerations for refreshing a brand’s visual identity
Reserve your spot now, space is limited. We hope you are able to join this lively and informative event!
Winthrop & Weinstine, P.A.
225 South 6th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55402