Attorneys David Aafedt and Gerald Fornwald will speak on “Cyber Security Practical and Legal Considerations” at the MDDS General Membership Meeting in Edina, Minnesota on October 10, 2018. Their discussion will give insight into cyber security, and provide guidance in identifying the proactive steps that every dental practice should take to be prepared.
- Current State of Cyber Threats.
- Identifying common threats.
- Understanding what is at risk.
- Ways to Defend Your Office Against Cyber Security Threats.
- Assessing current levels of risk.
- Developing a cyber security plan.
- Training employees to stand guard.
- Ways to Minimize Damage in the Event a Breach Occurs.
- Insurance coverage options.
- Developing a game plan before the breach occurs.
- Investigation and response.
- What are Your Obligations Following a Breach?
- Minnesota Health Records Act.
Program Learning Objectives
- How to identify potential cyber security threats before they occur, and basic steps to avoid being breached.
- How to prepare for potential cyber security threats in order to minimize harm when the inevitable breach occurs.
- Identifying steps that every dental practice should take in the event a cyber security breach occurs.
For information on registering for this event, click here. One core hour continuing education credits will be given to attendees.
Interlachen Country Club
6200 Interlachen Boulevard
Edina, MN 55436