Employment law attorney Mark Pihart will speak at the MRA Employment Law Update on March 16, 2018. Almost every decision made as an HR professional is fraught with legal landmines that can bring frustration, fear, and lawsuits. At MRA’s annual Employment Law Update you will walk away with an understanding of the latest employment-related legal developments and how to deal with them effectively.
Employee handbooks are an essential tool for employers to reduce employment-related liabilities and successfully defend against lawsuits. In his session, Mark will discuss key policies and potential liabilities associated with your employee handbooks, including:
- The creation and consistent application and enforcement of policies throughout the workforce.
- Sick and safe leave ordinances and the interplay with existing protected leave.
- The pros and cons of social media and other policies.
- Drug testing policies and the interplay with recent state marijuana laws.
- Implementing policies with appropriate reporting mechanisms and corresponding training.
For more information or to register, click here.
Minneapolis Marriott Southwest
5801 Opus Parkway
Minnetonka, MN 55343