E-Discovery attorney John Sellner will present “Preservation and Collection Strategies to Minimize Costs” at Relativity Fest in Chicago, IL on October 22, 2019. Relativity Fest is an annual conference designed to educate and connect the e-discovery community.
E-Discovery costs are minimized when non-relevant materials are eliminated as early as possible from the process. Preventing non-relevant materials from even being collected saves the most money because these documents are not processed, hosted, reviewed or produced. However, aggressively limiting what’s collected to save costs can backfire if the requirements of a project shift enough to require recollection. If the data was not preserved, it could even result in spoliation sanctions.
In his session, John will discuss how to balance the risks and benefits of culling data in a collection, including:
- When and how to limit the data collected
- What situations capturing entire accounts or imaging devices is appropriate
- When to make preservation images and the scope of those images
- How to leverage a client’s existing backup and preservation processes
- How to take advantage of electronic legal holds
For more information, click here.
Hilton Chicago Hotel
720 S. Michigan Ave.
Chicago, IL 60605