Trademark attorney Draeke Weseman will conduct a live webinar for Strafford Publications on January 30, 2018. This CLE webinar, “Registering Trademarks: Overcoming Descriptive, Geographic and Surname Refusals,” will provide guidance to IP counsel on avoiding or overcoming potential roadblocks to trademark registration under Section 2(e) of the Lanham Act. The panel will discuss the descriptive, geographic and surname requirements, and offer best practices for overcoming descriptive, geographic and surname refusals.
- Descriptive, geographic and surname requirements
- Lanham Act Section 2(e) potential roadblocks
- Overcoming descriptive, geographic and surname refusals
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the key considerations for trademark counsel when responding to a refusal?
- What other strategies should counsel implement to increase the likelihood of mark registration after a refusal?