Attorney Phil Colton is a featured panelist at “Where is YOUR Opportunity in Opportunity Zones?,” a Minnesota Shopping Center Association event on March 6, 2019. The event will discuss the what, why, how and overall objectives and opportunities of the Opportunity Zone/Fund Program. With 100+ newly designated Opportunity Zones in Minnesota alone, we are just beginning to see its impacts on our market, as well as nationally. The event’s panelists include some of the earliest industry experts, who are working on Opportunity Zones every day. They will educate and share examples of how Opportunity Zones, on their own as well as in conjunction with other programs, will positively affect the retail real estate industry and all of our company classifications in the future.
Presentation content will include information such as:
- What are Opportunity Zones and how do they work?
- What are the potential tax benefits and incentives?
- How were Opportunity Zones elected?
- Where are the Opportunity Zones located, and how can you find them?
- Practical issues related to Opportunity Zones
- Phil Colton, Shareholder, Winthrop & Weinstine
- Duane H. Lund, CEO, NAI Legacy
- John McCarthy, Senior Managing Director, Newmark Knight Frank
- Jeff Peterson, President, Commercial Partners Exchange Company, LLC
- Moderator: Derek Naill, VP, Senior Private Banker, Wells Fargo Private Bank
For more additional details and registration information, click here.
DoubleTree Hotel Minneapolis Park Place
1500 Park Place Blvd
Minneapolis, MN 55416