Energy / Utilities / Environmental
With decades of experience representing clients in the energy, utilities and environmental industries, our attorneys deeply understand the pressures that our clients face in providing these necessary resources to their customers. We represent clients in facing with those pressures on all sides, from the initial stages of project development, to mergers and acquisitions, advocacy before legislature and regulatory bodies, and litigation.
We have particular experience representing companies before the Minnesota Public Utilities Commission, Minnesota Department of Commerce, Environmental Quality Board, Pollution Control Agency and others. Our attorneys have maintained a steady presence at the legislature and regulatory agencies, holding ongoing discussions concerning energy industry restructuring, renewable energy issues and general policy matters. We’ve also worked closely with new entrants in the energy markets, such as wind and other renewable energy developers, to ensure their success.
- Competitive bidding and power purchase agreements
- Siting, permitting and certificate of need proceedings
- Project financing, with particular focus on renewable energy financing
- Resource planning and selection dockets
- Rate cases and other significant matters before regulatory agencies