It is important to understand the tax implications of seemingly ordinary business transactions, and Winthrop attorneys are steeped in all areas of federal and state taxation, to help clients find creative solutions to tax issues.
For clients deeply enmeshed in the day-to-day tasks of running and growing a business, dealing with tax issues can fall to the last on your list, though they are connected to nearly every business operation. Luckily, our tax attorneys live and breathe tax laws, and see the impact on tax in everything they do. We work with clients on making sure they fully consider and plan for these considerations, and devise fresh, practical results for each client’s situation.
- Taxable and tax-free asset and stock acquisitions and reorganizations
- General corporate tax planning
- Taxation of partnerships and other business entities
- Estate and gift tax
- Taxation of real estate transactions
- Tax-exempt entities prior to sales/use and withholding
- Withholding and employment taxes
- Sales and use taxes
- Tax controversies