Our energy team represents developers, contractors, suppliers, and service companies in all aspects of energy development – from early-stage land acquisition through construction to long-term asset operation. Whether wind, solar, battery storage, or transmission, we help clients achieve results—turning energy into outcomes.
Winthrop & Weinstine’s energy development and construction clients strive for success in a multi-faceted industry. Our multi-disciplinary expertise helps them achieve it. Our energy transactional specialists offer knowledge and perspective gained from years of closing deals, as well as the wisdom of our colleagues in our regulatory and environmental, dispute resolution, corporate, and real estate practice areas. This integrated approach to complex energy transactions results in lower costs and quicker closings.
- Renewable energy developers
- Transmission and infrastructure developers
- Construction companies
- Land Acquisition
- Project Development
- Acquisitions and Divestitures
- Construction, Equipment Procurement & Supply
- Project Operations & Maintenance
- Counsel to project owner in connection with negotiation of a master O&M Agreement for 245 megawatts of wind projects across the U.S.
- Counsel to developer in connection with its debt and equity financing of a 200 MW Kansas wind farm
- Advising purchaser in the acquisition of 26 MW operating solar farm in Guam
- Negotiation of a 100 MW wind energy power purchase agreement
- Negotiation of a $74MM solar module supply agreement
- Negotiation of a $60MM 210-mile Montana high-voltage transmission line