Winthrop’s health care team, which comprises, among others, former Assistant Attorneys General who used to handle these cases on behalf of the State, represents clients in relation to license issues before a wide variety of Boards and regulatory agencies. We understand the nuances of the licensing board investigative and enforcement process, and can deftly navigate the competing issues at play in defending health licensing board complaints.
We understand how critical it is to maintain an unblemished professional license. Whether you are applying for a license or have been threatened with getting your license revoked, our team can help you navigate through regulatory process, walk you through procedures in front of board or agencies, and, if being disciplined, help resolve any issues. When your license – your livelihood and reputation – is on the line, we work you to make sure you understand your rights, and then together devise a strategy to get you through, so you can focus on your work. Our team has experience representing clients before a wide range of Boards, including the Board of Medical Practice, Board of Nursing, Board of Dentistry, Board of Pharmacy, and others, in Minnesota and in numerous other states.
- Licensed alcohol and drug counselors
- Social workers
- Negligence or failure to exercise due care
- Incompetence or failure to comply with minimal standards of care
- Substance abuse or mental or physical inability
- Misdemeanor or felony criminal charges
- Alteration or destruction of medical records
- Unprofessional conduct
- Administrative action by a licensure, registration, disciplinary, or certification board by another state
- Practice outside the scope of a license
- Betrayal of professional confidence
- Improper prescribing or administering drugs
- Represented many licensed professionals before boards of medicine, nursing, pharmacy and social work in several different jurisdictions.