We provide strategic support in navigating and expediting the often complex and bureaucratic licensing and permitting process at both the state and federal level.
Winthrop’s health care team counsels clients through the labyrinth of licensing, permitting and certification and represents clients before state and federal regulatory agencies, including the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, the Minnesota Department of Health, and Minnesota Department of Human Services, Board of Medical Practice, Board of Nursing, Board of Dentistry, Board of Pharmacy, and others. Our group consists of former Assistant Attorneys General who advised many of these agencies and boards. The resulting deep personal relationships and understanding of the process can make all the difference in obtaining timely and satisfactory results.
- Physician groups
- Behavioral health providers
- Hospitals and health care systems
- Home health care organizations and systems
- Senior living providers
- Trade associations
- Pharmacies and specialty pharmacies
- Dentists and specialists
- Minnesota Department of Health
- Minnesota Department of Human Services
- Health licensing boards
- Represented a behavioral health provider in connection with an administrative license revocation appeal. Successfully resolved the license revocation appeal through informal resolution on favorable terms to the provider.
- Represented a behavioral health provider in challenging the imposition of an order of conditional license through a writ of certiorari appeal to the Minnesota Court of Appeals, resulting in the reversal of several challenged citations and remand to the Commissioner of Human Services for reconsideration of the appropriate action.