Our intellectual property transaction attorneys work with clients in a variety of fields to maximize the value of their IP assets in transactions involving strategic alliances, joint ventures, and licensing transactions.
Transactions involving the development, use, sale, and acquisition of technology require a thorough understanding of the intellectual property rights underlying the technology. Whether you are looking to sell or acquire a patent portfolio or monetize your intellectual property through a licensing transaction, our intellectual property transaction attorneys have the expertise to help you navigate complex licensing issues and minimize your risks without disrupting the business deal.
Before any drafting or negotiating begins, we partner with you to develop strategic, comprehensive IP plans to maximize the value of your IP assets while ensuring your IP assets are protected. Because our attorneys understand that your IP is one of the most valuable assets of your business, we assemble the right team for every transaction to take into account the relevant technology, as well as your client’s broader business goals, including members from our corporate, securities, tax, and litigation practices.
- Computer hardware
- Software for a broad range of industries
- Medical devices
- Cloud computing
- Hunting equipment
- Sporting goods
- Dietary supplement
- X-ray imaging and tomography
- Mobile technology
- Clothing and apparel
- Licenses and technology transfers
- Joint ventures and technology alliances
- Joint Development Agreements
- Application service provider and software as a service agreements
- Sales, distribution and reseller agreements
- Supply chain management and outsourcing agreements
- Open source software license review
- Software development and maintenance agreements
- Data security and privacy
- Information and data transfer
- Patent and trademark licensing