Winthrop’s multi-disciplinary Employment team helps clients resolve employment related disputes, from counseling and issue-spotting to defending charges or litigation, with common sense and commitment to defending the future of your business.
Businesses function because of their employees, and when disputes arise in the employment relationship, it can be disruptive to the whole operation. At Winthrop, we understand how important it is to resolve employment-related issues quickly and efficiently, with as little distraction to the business as possible. We work hard to find creative, practical solutions to your situation.
Our Employment Litigation practice works in tandem with the Employment Counseling team, to not only address the dispute at hand, but to develop a strategy and processes to prevent further contentious situations in the future.
- Wrongful discharge
- Discrimination on the basis of age, gender, race, national origin, disability or other protected classification
- Defamation and intentional or negligent infliction of emotional distress
- Fair Labor Standards Act and wage-and-hour disputes
- Sexual, racial and other types of harassment in the workplace
- Claims of violations of the Family Medical Leave Act
- Rights of employers under non-compete agreements or applicable trade secrets acts
- Enforcement of confidentiality agreements
- Assault, battery and other torts in the workplace
- Violations of Whistleblower Acts or retaliation
Dedicated Attorneys and Professionals