Our team represents businesses, individuals, non-profit organizations and professional fundraisers in protecting their interests in the increasingly frequent and aggressive Attorney General investigations and enforcement actions, including those involving charities and political fundraisers and consumer protection.
With state Attorneys General, and state and federal regulators from all over the country becoming more active in issuing civil investigative demands and commencing lawsuits to enforce consumer fraud, deceptive trade practice and false advertising laws, our team of regulatory attorneys, a number of whom are former Assistant Attorneys General with the Minnesota Attorney General’s office, help clients navigate the civil investigative demand and litigation process with an insider’s perspective and deep knowledge of the rules and playbook.
- Insurers and insurance producers
- Health care providers
- Energy companies
- Direct mail and telemarketing companies
- Telecommunications and cable providers
- Warranty and service contract companies
- Charitable organizations
- Professional fundraisers
- Represented a large compounding pharmacy in connection with a Minnesota Board of Pharmacy enforcement action, successfully resolving the matter to the satisfaction of the client with no restrictions on the pharmacies continued operations in Minnesota.
- Successfully defended an insurance producer in an action brought by the Minnesota Department of Commerce seeking to revoke the client’s insurance producer’s license for activity occurring when the client was a registered securities agent; resulting in no restrictions on the client’s insurance producers license.
Reporting Investigation Findings and Conclusions
Co-author. Handling Internal Investigations: Best Practices for Investigating Alleged Fraud, Bribery, Regulatory Noncompliance, and Other Types of Corporate Wrongdoing. Minnesota CLE. 05.2017